We all know about those small jobs that often need doing around the house, and if they don’t get fixed, there’s always that niggling feeling in the back of your mind, as you are aware of the problem. Here are just a few of the minor domestic issues that you might encounter, plus solutions.
- Double Glazing Seal Broken – If your replacement windows have been in for quite a while, there is a chance that the hermetic seal becomes compromised, which would cause the unit to steam up. The only way to resolve this issue is to contact a company like https://exitoso.com.au/, who are experts at all door and window repairs and their prices are very reasonable. They would also be able to repair or replace defective hinges and locks, should you ever require that service.
- Leaking Tap – More often than not, it is a tiny rubber washer than causes a leaking faucet, and once you have turned off the water supply, simply take the tap apart and you will be able to find a washer replacement. If the tap has seen better days, it might be wiser to replace the tap, which isn’t a major job, providing you have the tools.
- Squeaking Doors – This is caused by lack of lubrication, and when the two hinge plates rub, they emit an unpleasant sound. A squirt of oil on all of the hinges will do the trick and if you don’t have regular lubricating oil, a dab of cooking oil will also work.
- Draughts Under the Doors – Aside from the annoying draught, you can lose a lot of heat through such a gap, and there are special draughtproof strips that you can buy and attach to the door bottom by peeling off the adhesive strip. These draught excluders have to be cut to size and can be fitted within minutes.
- Moss & Algae on the Terrace – This can appear during the winter months, even more so if the patio isn’t used very often, and the best way to clean a stone patio is with a high-pressure power wash machine, which you can rent for a few hours at the weekend. This handy machine can also clean up paths and driveways and can also clean the roof, if you are prepared to climb the ladder.
- Carpet Stains – It is oh so easy to ruin a fitted carpet if you spill a glass of red wine or a cup of coffee, yet all is not lost, as most carpet cleaners will guarantee to remove any stain. There are over-the-counter products that might shift the stain, but you are advised to carry out some research before applying chemicals to your carpet.
- Blocked Guttering – You might not even know your guttering is blocked until it rains heavily, which would cause rainwater to run down the exterior walls – something you definitely do not want. Cleaning out your guttering every few months will ensure free-flowing escape routes for excess rainwater.
All of the above are classed as minor home issues, and providing you keep your eyes open, you should spot a problem before it causes any damage.